Social Media Internship
New York, New York
Founded in 2006, Nest is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) building a new handworker economy to generate global workforce inclusivity, improve women’s wellbeing beyond factories, and preserve cultural traditions of craft. Working hand in hand with brands, philanthropists, and artisan businesses, Nest is using radical transparency, data-driven development, and fair market access to connect craftspeople, brands, and consumers in a circular and human centric value chain.
The Nest Social Media Internship is available for 1-2 candidates for a minimum 2-month period and should begin as soon as possible. Social media intern(s) will report directly to Nest’s Chief Officer of Communications & Craft Awareness and will also work with Nest’s Director of Artisan Marketing. The intern(s) will be responsible for supporting Nest’s activities across its Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube accounts, with a particular focus on Instagram. The Social Media Intern(s) should be available to work in the Nest offices for at least 8 hours per week. This position is unpaid, but can be used to count towards college credits.
The primary responsibilities of the Social Media Intern(s) will be to:
- Work with Nest’s Chief Officer of Communications & Craft Awareness to curate content to be shared across Nest’s social media channels.
- Collaborate with Nest’s designer to help facilitate creation of designed social media assets
- Calendar posts in advance using Nest’s Later software
- Manage Nest’s social audience by responding to comments on the Nest pages, unfollowing spam accounts, and Liking posts issued by Nest’s strategic partners
- Facilitating winner selection for Nest’s social media giveaways and other social initiatives involving artisan product
- Promote Nest’s core awareness initiatives by working with Nest’s Chief Officer of Communications & Craft Awareness to share exciting news in real-time
- Work with Nest’s Artisan Marketing Director to creatively share news from Nest’s Guild network of 500+ artisan businesses on the Nest Guild dedicated Facebook Page. This includes issuing, and responding to, daily posts.
- Working towards a college degree or a recent graduate
- Please note this is an unpaid part-time intern position
- Availability to work from Nest’s New York headquarters for at least 8 hours per week
- Experienced using social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter (with a particular focus on Instagram)
- Interested in artisans, craftsmanship, fashion, social impact, etc.
- Organized, professional and project focused
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Kristin Schneider at Kristin@buildanest.org